Oh God

I ripped it out. The Anna yarn sock, I ripped it out. I was aware of several mistakes, each of which I might have lived with alone, but the sum of which weighed on me. Then I discovered a dropped stitch. I am not experienced or deft enough a knitter to have picked it up in that tiny lacy knitting, crochet hook or no. I tried tinking back, but it was like 6 or 8 rounds, and I couldn't cope with it. I ripped back to the offending stitch, but I was unable to pick the stitches up again. So I took a deep breath and ripped it back to the border. I could pick them up in the knit row before the lace pattern started.

The good news (I guess) is that in restarting the pattern, I realized the mistakes I'd been making, so now I'm doing it right (I think). It'll be interesting to see what it looks like this time. It is highly discouraging to look at the pathetic little wisp I've got now, when I had 4 or 5 inches yesterday.

M.M. is sick today, so I don't know if I'm going to get any knitting time, either.


Finally Photography

Here is the leg warmer. I had to rip out a few rounds today as a result of somehow ending up with the wrong number of stitches. I suspect that there are errors in this piece, but I am not ripping back and starting over. It is a learning process and I believe the second one will be an improvement. It looks pretty good, and M.M. is impatient for them to be done. So.

And here are two unsatisfactory photos of the Peaks and Valleys sock in the Anna yarn. It was impossible to capture the detail in the stitches, and very difficult to get accurate color. I can't figure out why I couldn't get the camera to focus on the sock. Some weird extra-dimensional cosmic wormhole or something.

This second one has pretty good color. I've basically decided to keep on with this project despite my doubts about the yarn and my frustration with the needles and achey hands. I'm learning a lot, and I think the results will be good.